What you'll need:
For the cake:
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 Cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 Cup of brown sugar substitute or white sugar substitute
- 2 Cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare cake as directed on package and divide mix between 2 6-8" baking pans
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- While cake is baking make filling
- In a small sauce pan add coconut milk, egg yolks, sugar substitute, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Turn heat to medium and whisk until melted and combined.
- Bring to a low boil whisking constantly for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in coconut and pecans
- Let frosting cool.
- Once cake is completely cooled, place 1st layer on a serving platter and add 1/2 cup of the filling
- Repeat with next layer and use the remaining frosting for the outer parts of the cake
Recipe from : @keepingitlowcarb using Keto Queen Kreations Chocolate Cake Mix