What you'll need:
For the cake:
- 2 packages Keto Queen Kreations Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut extract (optional)
- 1 Cup Sweetener
- 1 TBSP xanthan gum or any thickening agent
- 1 Cup water
- 4 Large egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup confectioner sweetener
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare cake as directed on package and divide mix between 3 9" baking pans or desired pans
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- While cake is baking make filling
- In a small sauce pan combine the sugar, xantham gum and water. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the egg yolks and stir.
- Bring to a boil, constantly stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the lemon juice & butter. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Once cake is completely cooled, place 1st layer on a serving platter
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of the filling
- Repeat with next layer
- Mix all ingredients together for the frosting and frost outside of the cake as desired.
- Top with shredded coconut