Gooey Lemon Bars
- 1 Package Keto Queen Kreations Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Cup Sweetener
- 1 TBSP xanthan gum or any thickening agent
- 1 Cup water
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice, or more depending how tart you would like it
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare sugar cookie as directed on the pouch
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- Flatten cookie dough into pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or just until the top starts to brown
- While crust is baking make filling
- In a small sauce pan combine the sugar, xantham gum and water. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the egg yolks and stir.
- Bring to a boil, constantly stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the lemon juice & butter. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Once crust is baking and is completely cooled, pour lemon filling on top
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until it sets.
Takes , Serves 12 people.
Don't forget to PIN it for later !