What you'll need:
For the cake:
- 1 package Keto Queen Kreations Yellow Cake Mix (if using 9" pans you will need 2 packages)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1.25 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tspn molasses (optional)
- 25 drops pineapple liquid flavor concentrate (from www.sweetlifeflavorco.com - use code KETOQUEENKREATIONS15 for 15% off)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting or frosting of your choice
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl beat the butter, molasses, vanilla extract and pineapple flavor drops.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the yellow cake mix, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Add in carrots, coconut, walnuts and spices, mix well to combine
- Divide mix between two 6" baking pans, one 9" for single layer cake or lined cupcakes
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 30-40 minutes
- While cake is baking make frosting as directed
- Once cakes are completely cooled, place one of the cakes on a serving platter
- Add frosting to the first layer
- Place last cake layer on top of it
- Frost entire cake
- Top with walnuts as desired
- Cut & ENJOY!